Framingham Democratic Committee
Minutes for April 18, 2021, 7:00 pm – Zoom Conference
Members: Mike Hugo, Robert Case, Beverly Hugo, Barbara LeDuc, Jim Stockless, Parwez Wahid, Larry Stoodt, Cesar Stewart-Morales, Gwen Holbrow, Adam Steiner, Phil Ottaviani, Mel Warshaw, Christopher Broyles, Norma Shulman, Tom Mahoney, Mary Kate Feeney, Jeanne Bullock, Chris Lorant, Cindy Rubin, Rosamond Hooper-Hamersley, Kurt Fusaris, Doug Lawrence, Kathie McCarthy, Margareth Shepard, Jim Hansen, Patrick Dunne, Adam Freudberg, Kathie McCarthy, Tracey Bryant, Maria Robinson, David Magnani, Bettie Muto, John Stefanini
Associate Members: Andrew Machkasov, Audrey Hall, Cheryl Gordon, Ricky Finlay, Tilia Jacobs, Brandon Ward
Guests: Aimee Powalka, Irma Napolean, Ann Berwick, Alex Bausch
Welcome, Announcements and Updates – Chair Mike Hugo
The chair reviewed the agenda and called the meeting to order at 7:04pm.
Presentation: Act now … Save Earth! Earth Day Initiatives
- Aimee Powalka, Sustainable Framingham: Energize Framingham
- Rozzy Hooper-Hamersley introduced the first speaker. Aimee is the heartbeat and one of the driving forces of Sustainable Framingham.
- Energize Framingham is an online collaborative effort developed for Framingham.
- An online resource and community building tool to help residents feel empowered to fight climate change. Everyone can make a difference!
- Actions – You can sort to find action items that you can do on a variety of different levels. There is something for everyone. Several items will direct you to Mass Save to do energy assessments and efficiency projects.
- Experiences – residents can share their experience and learn from each other about actions to accomplish.
- Teamwork – residents can see their individual impact and how it contributes and combines with other neighbors. Neighbors can chat together and discuss what everyone is working on.
- Goals – this will show how far the city has done to reach goals set forth by Sustainable Framingham.
- If you are interested in getting started, you can join at Energize Framingham.org and this will let them know what city to attribute your actions.