- This event has passed.
Monthly Business Meeting
May 20, 5:00 pm - 8:45 pm
Framingham Democratic Town Committee
Agenda of May 20, 2018
136 Maynard Road
5:00-6:00 Van Training for Canvassing-Kevin Delaney from Senator Elizabeth Warren’s office.
6:00-6:55 Remembrance of State Representative Chris Walsh followed by a reception.
7:00-7:05 Call to Order, Welcome and Announcements – Beverly Hugo, Chair.
7:05-7:10 State House and Capitol Hill Reports – Legislators in attendance.
7:10-7:15 City of Framingham Report – Mayor Yvonne Spicer, City Council, School Committee.
7:15-7:25 Candidates and Campaigns.
7:50-8:15 Filling of the Sixth Middlesex State Representative Democratic Seat: Overview, Discussion, Vote
- Secretary of State Bill Galvin’s Designee and Democratic State Chair Gus Bickford.
- Member Vote on whether to hold a Caucus
7:05-7:10 Secretary’s Report and Approval of the minutes of April 22, 2018.
7:10-7:15 Treasury Audit – Maria Robinson.
7:15-7:20 Treasurer’s Report – Larry Stoodt.
7:55-8:15 Subcommittee Reports
- Civics Education – Pat Dunne
- Communications – Mike Hugo
- Legislative/Advocacy – Kurt Fusaris
- Outreach – Margareth Shepard
- Programming – Adam Freudberg/Rozzy Hooper Hamersley
- Stephanie Mercandetti Memorial – Senator Dave Magnani
- Bylaw Subcommittee Report – Mike Hugo
7:45-7:50 Democratic State Convention – Parwez Wahid
8:15-8:20 Middlesex Norfolk Worcester Alliance – Mel Warshaw
8:20-8:25 Volunteer Opportunities – Norma Shulman
8:25-8:30 Hospitality – Maria Robinson
8:30-8:35 Subcommittee Assignments
8:35-8:45 Member Reports
Charity – King Elementary School-New and gently used books for K-5.
Next Event – Democratic State Convention-June 1st and 2nd, DCU Center, Worcester
Thank you for attending and for your service to the Democratic Party!